Quick and Easy Apple or Banana Crumble Pie

2:45 AM

I've always thought that making desserts are like trying to create an art piece - everything has to be precise or you'll never get it right. Over the years, I've tried giving baking a go and realised that for someone who is not a big fan of measurements there are some desserts that don't require precise measurements. One of them would be an apple or banana crumble pie. I never knew that's it is super easy to make, but once I did, it is my go to dessert whenever I have extra apples to spare. 




Ingredients:

- Skinned and diced apples/ Sliced peeled bananas.
- Sugar
- Salt
- Butter
- Flour
- Cinnamon powder

How To:

1. Cut room temperature butter into small pieces, mix it with the flour using your hands. Keep pinching until the mixture becomes crumbly. Add a pinch of salt in the mixture. I like my crumble buttery and soft so I add extra butter. If you like crunchy ones, go easy on the butter. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the apple with sugar and cinnamon powder well then put in the baking tray or skillet. If you're using bananas, lay them out in the baking pan or skillet and sprinkle a generous amount of sugar and cinnamon. I've tried cooking them first but the apples ended up overcooked and soggy. If you like them soft, cook the apples with the cinammon+sugar combo first. 
3. Cover the fruit layer with the crumble mix, and put it in the oven until it's golden and crispy according to your preference. 
4. Sprinkle with toppings - shaved chocolate, icing sugar or even ice cream and serve. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images